Hygienic facial cleansing is indicated to everyone from the moment of puberty. Atraumatic cleaning is the most popular of all known types of cleaning. This method using fruit acids is safe, does not injure the skin, and does not require a long recovery period. You will learn about the indications and contraindications for atraumatic facial cleansing from this article.
Besides its safety, atraumatic facial cleansing is good for its versatility. It is suitable for any age category with any type of skin.
Indications and contraindications
The indications for atraumatic facial cleansing include:
- oily or dry skin types
- rashes, acne, pimples
- closed comedones
- increased pigmentation of the skin
- fat plugs
- a grey shade of skin
- shallow facial wrinkles
- skin diseases (dermatitis, eczema)
- open wounds, cuts, abrasions, burns
- an allergic reaction to certain components
Atraumatic facial cleansing is included in the complexes of various rejuvenating techniques. The procedure can be performed for both therapeutic and preventive purposes. Positive results:
- There is a high-quality cleansing of the pores, the number of comedones, and rashes decreases.
- Sebaceous glands activity is normalized, which helps to solve problems with oily or, conversely, dry skin.
- Regenerative processes are strengthened, blood circulation improves, which leads to a slowdown in the aging process of the skin and restore a healthy complexion.
The sequence of the procedure
Atraumatic facial cleansing includes several obligatory stages:
- Before the procedure, the face should be completely cleaned from cosmetics and dirt. The cleansing agent is selected in strict accordance with the skin type.
- To soften comedones, the upper skin layer is exfoliated with a gommage peel.
- Chemical peeling is used, which gently and safely removes the layer of dead cells. The procedure is safe, as fruit acids of low concentration are used in the peeling.
- A vaporizing mask is applied, as a result, pores are opened as much as possible, and fat plugs are removed.
- The cleaning process begins. A specialist removes miliums and comedones in the most appropriate way.
- An antiseptic mask is applied, which reduces inflammation and disinfects the skin surface.
- A therapeutic massage is performed, which stimulates sweat and sebaceous glands, resulting in improved blood circulation and tightened tissues.
- After the procedure, an alginate mask is applied, which narrows down pores, nourishes, and moisturizes the skin.
Care after the treatment
After atraumatic cleaning, the skin becomes soft and susceptible to the negative impact of the environment, so it is recommended to follow simple rules for care:
- Within 2-3 days after the procedure is not recommended to apply cosmetics, pores should remain open.
- You should refrain from visiting the solarium, swimming pools, as well as stay in the strong wind and the open sun.
- Clean the skin only with special products recommended by a specialist cosmetologist.