Nutrition is the basis for clean and healthy skin. The products you eat have a direct impact on the whole body. Which of them have a beneficial effect on your skin you will learn from this article.
Antioxidants are substances that perform the function of protecting cells from oxidation in the body. They are found in many fruits and vegetables, but most of all in spinach, rosehip, green tea, and apples.
- Nicotinic acid or vitamin B3 is a substance that is actively involved in metabolic processes. The maximum amount can be obtained from cereals and strawberries.
- Beta-carotene is a precursor of vitamin A, which is an antioxidant and is also called the "elixir of youth". It is found in red and orange fruits and vegetables.
- Vitamins are substances needed by the body to perform all vital functions. They should be included in the daily diet through the consumption of natural products, preferably unprocessed.
- Selenium is one of the best antioxidants for health and beauty. It protects the skin from excessive uv rays. Cereals, mushrooms and brazil nuts are rich in selenium.
- Phosphorus is a chemical element involved in many biological processes. It is a part of enzymes, proteins, and phospholipids. It is found in fish, seafood, and seaweed.
- Proteins are the building blocks of all body cells. Skin especially needs collagen. Protein can be vegetable and animal. Contained in meat, eggs, nuts, and dairy products.
- Fatty acids are organic substances involved in the synthesis of intracellular hormones that are responsible for the recovery of body tissues. They can be obtained both from plant products and from products of animal origin. The most useful substances are vegetable oils, oily redfish, nuts, and avocados.
- Iron is one of the most important trace elements for the human body. It is responsible for transporting oxygen to tissues and cells, participating in metabolic processes and restoring skin tone. It is found in by-products, chicken meat, yolk, and other products.
- Zinc is a trace element involved in almost all processes occurring in the body. An indispensable element for skin health, as it activates cell regeneration, improves the absorption of vitamin A and participates in metabolic reactions. It is contained in fermented milk products and some fruits.
Thus, nutrition has a significant impact on the skin, but remember that it is necessary to act comprehensively. In addition to eating healthy foods, try to eliminate harmful foods from the diet, get rid of bad habits and use products for external care.